Saturday, September 4, 2010

Muddiest Point

I thought that the Wikipedia article on “[Personal] Computer Hardware” was the weakest element of this week’s topic. It has nothing to do with the fact that the source is from Wikipedia or that the reader is warned in advance that the article is in need of a clean-up. I am well aware that Wikipedia is not perfect, but I am always dependent on it whenever I want to have a general idea about a certain topic. So long as Wikipedia can achieve that goal just like any other encyclopedia, I will simply take what I am given. If I want to look more into details about a certain topic, I will simply turn elsewhere. I guess what compelled me to believe there had been something lacking in this one article in particular was the fact that I bore in mind Moore’s Law. Putting into consideration that technological innovations occur at such a rapid pace, I simply was not sure as to whether the information I received was basic enough. If I was to look up an article on “Computer Hardware,” I would anticipate viewing the elements that have always remained through the years. Then again, maybe it was because of these breakthroughs that there would have been so little available to the point of being uninformative. Even if what I have been given is as basic it can get by today’s standards, there is always some likelihood that it can be considered as misleading or inaccurate any day now. However, it makes little difference on how anyone may have perceived the source. Because the information was not etched in stone, it can always be edited in accordance to the contemporaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment