Friday, September 17, 2010

Muddiest Point

If I had to choose what I felt was too vague about this week’s topic, I would have to say it was the readings themselves. Of course, I am well aware that they were talking about computer software, but what is it in particular was I supposed to know about the topic? I did not feel this way about the Paul Thurott article on Windows, since it gave a more straightforward approach. As for the Machtelt Garrels reading on Linux and what was available on Mac OS X, I felt as though the information was all over the place. I wasted so much time trying to figure out in what way the readings were supposed to be connected and how it could all be summarized. To me, information on computer software can be reworded, but it cannot be summarized. The facts are simply taken as they are being presented. It is merely a matter of wording it in a manner that the other person can comprehend. It was not until I discovered about the three computer software systems having a shared history that I finally had something to analyze and worth writing. If I want to have a general idea about a certain computer software system, of course I will look into any source that will be available to me. But if there is any issue in particular about a computer software system that I need to know about, I would like to have a more concentrated article.

No comments:

Post a Comment