Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Muddiest Point

I believe the article by Sarah L. Shreeves, Thomas G. Habing, Kat Hagedorn, and Jeffrey A. Young, titled “Current developments and future trends for the OAI protocol for metadata harvesting. Library Trends,” was probably the weakest piece of material for the week. I am not saying it was uninformative or incomprehensible in any sort of way. Indeed, I was able to figure out the core elements of the article and how it was related to the other two articles. Then again, I did study the subject before, so that could explain why I was able to catch on. The reason why I believe this article in particular seemed like the weakest is because when I compare it to the others, I notice that they included visuals as a means to depict how the devices they are describing tend to function. The article we were given about Metadata does not provide such aids, which leaves the readers to use a little more effort to figure out how it works. Putting those factors into consideration, it would only seem fair that an article on this topic should follow the example of the other two by utilizing visuals of its own to better explain how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment