Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Muddiest Point

I believe the websites we were given were the weakest bits of reading for the week. I was able to figure out what sorts of issues about which both of the sources were trying to inform me, but I often prefer receiving my information as articles. When it comes to observing websites as sources, I often I have to go through the trouble of going all over place, picking up on the details from one location after another, and putting the content into a nutshell. For the case of the articles, all the details I need to know about are already in front of me, rendering the information well-prepared for me to analyze; thus saving for myself a lot of hassle. The “EPIC Terrorism (Total) Awareness Page” website was nothing but links to other articles and I did not know how far I was supposed to read. As for the “No Place to Hide,” I did not know as to whether I was supposed to be analyzing the content of the website or the book to which it appears to be devoted. Either way, I really wish I had something more straightforward to read instead.

1 comment:

  1. I had trouble with the readings this week too. They didn't seem to give a good amount of information about privacy issues and information technology. Hopefully our professor will outline more of the issues next week!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete