Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Muddiest Point

I had a problem with the Ogbuji article, as well as the XML Schema tutorial. To my understanding, the objective of this week was to have a general idea about XML. When I came across the Ogbuji article, I felt like it was quite a jump compared to the Bryan and Bergholz article. I did not know as to whether I was supposed to learn about all those “standards” for the sake of fulfilling my agenda during that particular unit. The moment I saw the tutorial from W3Schools, I assumed that of all the “standards” on Ogbuji’s list, the one on XML Schema was probably the most important. I could assume from there that after learning about what purpose XML basically serves, I was supposed to know what sort wonders it is capable achieving, then going more into details into one of those wonders. Putting that factor into consideration, perhaps that one “standard” was simply picked at random, and maybe the notion of one being more important or useful than the other could be based more on the situation being confronted. If randomness was the case, perhaps for reasons of fairness it best not to choose one over another at all. Whatever it may be, I do know this for certain: As long as the objective of this unit was only to have a general idea about XML, I believe that the articles from Bryan and Bergholz alone would have sufficed.

No comments:

Post a Comment